I have had lots of visitors to keep me company here in the hospital, which has really cheered me up and helped to pass the time. My favorite visitor is Tyler. He sits right next to me and watches YouTube videos of Barney or Elmo on my laptop. For the past few days he has been really obsessed with these rocket socks (thank you Christine). I'm pretty sure they are size 0-6 months, but either way they are definitely too small. He insists on wearing them and he'll go searching all over to find them, even digging through dirty clothes piles. They aren't exactly ideal to wear with shoes, but once he's made up his mind that he wants them, there's no use in trying to get him in any other socks.
Another thing I love is the flowers in my room. I quickly found out that there aren't many good TV shows on the hospital TV, so I often just sit and watch my flowers instead. I have always loved fresh flowers (when I was home from college in the summer my dad would get me some from the Farmer's Market almost every Saturday), but there's nothing quite like having them in the hospital. They bring so much life to this ugly room. Thanks to Jaclyn, Sevann, and Ben's learning team for getting them for me.
Lastly, I love to look at the white board in my room. When I got here it said "Plan: Have Baby!" I quickly had Ben add "DON'T" to the beginning. For some reason I think it's funny every time I look at it. Can you tell I'm bored?

2 comments:
Awesome socks. At first I thought those were your feet. Where do I get some for Teddy?
Those are totally your feet!! Ha Ha.
Post a Comment