Last Saturday we woke up early so the boys could race in the Alpine Days Toddler Trot. Jake made sure to hydrate before it started.
Then it was time to line up. I made sure they were right in the front so they could have optimal running conditions.

Cameron took right off when the horn blew. As you can see by the Spiderman boy, the competition was pretty fierce. In the way back you can see Jake stopping to get one last drink. He was apparently very worried about dehydration.
Ben caught up with Cameron to help him along. Around the block is a very long way.
And when he finished he got a first place ribbon and a sucker. (He was pretty sure he was the fastest three year old in the whole race, even though everyone got a first place ribbon.)
Jake and I crossed the finish line a few minutes later. I was sort of dragging him along until he overheard a girl say he would get a sucker at the end.
He couldn't wait to get that sucker open.
After the race we went to the breakfast and then the parade. The kids scored tons of candy at the parade. After a long afternoon nap, we headed to the rodeo. A fun packed day with no time for cleaning... now that's my kind of Saturday!
2 comments:
So So CUTE!!!! The boys look like they are having so much fun.
Loved this day, the boys with their running shoes on, and the best is that they practiced running fast before they came. You are such a cute mommy, amd I LOVE your blog, and I'm so happy you're doing one!
Post a Comment