So yesterday I was having a particularly hard day. At around five o'clock I told Ben, "I think I'm depressed," and rolled over on the couch. I was planning on getting on Skype to read to Cameron and Jake after dinner. Ben kept encouraging me to take a shower while he got dinner ready so I could feel better. Finally I figured I might as well hop in the shower so he would stop suggesting it. I always do feel better after a shower, plus it's the only thing I can do (besides going to the bathroom) to justify getting off the couch.
At around seven a girl from the neighborhood (who I don't know well) knocked on the door and said, "Is this where the baby shower is?" I was puzzled and said "For who?" and she hesitantly replied, "For you, right?" I was so confused and she was too. She left to go home and I figured it must have been for someone else. There are a lot of pregnant people around here.
About a half an hour later there was a knock on the door and all my friends started pouring through the doorway with food and presents. I was so surprised and I couldn't believe how many people there were! It lifted my spirits SO much to think that all those girls were there for ME. They started pulling in chairs and the whole room was full. They were all dressed cute and wearing make-up and I was wearing PJ's with no make-up. I was so glad Ben (who was in on it of course) made me take a shower at least!


I was feeling really anti-social the whole day, but having everyone come totally turned my day around. It couldn't have been on a better day! They gave me so many cute girl presents. I'm going to have Ben take a picture of all the cuteness. Girl presents are just so fun! I have been looking at the presents all day and trying bows and headbands on Tyler. It is all such cute stuff!
Anyways, I feel like the luckiest girl to be surrounded by so many amazing people. These are many of the people who have been watching Tyler, making me meals, sweeping and vacuuming my floors, and most of all being my friends! What would I do without them???
1 comment:
YAY I am jumping up and down with excitement for your baby shower!
How sweet - that must have been such a fun surprise! And hooray for girly things! I really want to see a picture of all your cute stuff! I bought that baby girl something myself the other day.... one of these days I'll make it to the post office and mail it to you! :)
So glad you get to see your boys soon!
Post a Comment