Friday, February 26, 2010

What's Her Name?

I have heard that question way too many times! Last night Ben and I finally had some time to sit down alone with our little girl and talk about her name. After downloading a new baby naming app on his i-phone and flipping a coin a few times for fun, we prayed about it and decided on Claire Jean. I always have a really hard time with names. It feels like such a huge responsibility to choose a name that they will have for their whole life. I never want to get it wrong.
The hospital had a room for me to stay in near the NICU and after we decided I wrote it in the blog and fell asleep within two minutes. When I got up a couple of hours later to go feed her, the nurse had already made her a name sign. She wasted no time! All day today the residents and med students were so happy she finally had a name. So were our families. No one is as happy as me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

What great nurses! Choosing a name is hard, I feel the same way.