We are long overdue for a post dedicated to Uncle Randy. Ever since my oldest nephew James was born Randy has held the title of "Favorite Uncle." It is a well known fact that no one in our family will dispute. None of the other Uncles dare to compete with him. Cameron's friend Clayton once told me, "He's our uncle too."
Randy has recently taken his uncle status to a new level. He changes diapers, reads stories, makes meals, runs errands with kids in tow, gets kids dressed, moves around carseats, does housework, takes care of bedtime routines, and even helps with potty training. He has been our super hero around here. He gets up early every morning to come to get Tyler ready while Ben goes to class, then he goes to class and comes right back when he is done. Because of all the snow and all of his back and forth between our houses, he has had to shovel out multiple parking spaces. He has also helped my elderly single neighbors shovel out there spots and walkways.
Tyler absolutely adores him. Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning or after naps he calls out for Randy to come get him. He's always so excited to see him!
I love this picture. I think they were looking at pbskids.com. I love Tyler in his undies and rocket socks. His big chunky buns and legs are just too cute!
Here's a smiling one. Happy buddies!
Uncle Randy is our super hero!

5 comments:
Oh my heck what a sweet brother you have, Karen! You've expressed it to me before but he really sounds like such a great guy!
I am dumbfounded at little T in his undies!! The kid's not even 2 yet! Sheesh! Way to go, Tyler!
Oh and I was trying to examine your goal charts you have hanging on the wall for the boys. I need to hear more about them - I'm thinking P could benefit from something like that....
Randy, please move back. Remember that we named Teddy after you and he's waiting to be potty trained.
Uncle Randy is the best. He's been awesome. We're soooo glad you're here and not in Texas.
Randy is a super hero! You are so blessed to have him here with you.
Thank you for all you do Randy! We all owe you!
Post a Comment